Smart Contract Security 201
Learn skills needed to audit smart contract code
- Ethereum knowledge
- Solidity smart contract
- Introduction to Audits
- Understanding security in a Blockchain Application
- How does an attack on a Smart Contract work?
- Best practices and security patterns
- Manual Audits and using tests to audit the code
- Automated Analysis Tools vs Manual revisions
- Gas Optimization and tools to measure gas costs
- Review of Public Audits
- Stages of a Professional Audit
- Create smart contract audits
One of the most pressing problems for smart contract deployment is security and as such it is paramount we understand how to develop a smart contract in the safest way possible. But going one step further, this is not enough. We need to be able to audit our own smart contract code using various automated tools and also manual revisions.
Since the large percentage of the contracts represent real money, we, as developers need to be on top of everything and should always be up-to-date on the most known vulnerabilities and know how old hacks worked so as not to repeat those same errors within our own smart contracts.
There are both pros and cons to using the automated analysis tools and/or auditing the code manually for any vulnerabilities. It is good practice to also optimize for gas so users don't end up paying too much when interacting with our smart contracts.
Lastly, the course goes through the various stages of a professional audit and what it entails and by the end of it will make you an expert on how to apply the same knowledge in evaluating your own smart contract code.
Meet Your Instructor
Hi my name is Arturo and I work as a Blockchain Dev / Auditor at Coinfabrik.
I use my background in financial risk management, math, physics and computer science to help our clients and partners build stable and state of the art web3 solutions.
Invest in Yourself & Kickstart Your Web3 Career
Unlock access to all our video courses and our private community
Yearly Full Access
- ✓ Access to all courses
- ✓ Access to all lab projects
- ✓ Access to the discord community
- ✓ Support via chat and email
- ✓ Save $1164