In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel:
- Ether was quite stable this week, hovering above the $3300 mark.
- The Kintsugi testnet returned to finality after unexpected blockhash caused a split in the network last week
- Transaction fees on Optimism have been reduced, average transaction costs are now cheaper by 30%
- Arbitrum Sequencer faced downtime due to hardware failure, which made the Arbitrum One network temporarily unavailable
- Binance added support for Arbitrum withdrawals
- The Infinite Machine DAO will be the executive producer for an upcoming movie
- OpenDAO is building an NFT prediction marketplace
- Defi market cap is rose back to $96B after some resistance in the last week
- USDC supply on Ethereum surpasses USDT for the first time
- Dydx announced plans to fully decentralize the protocol by the end of 2022
- PoolTogether Lawsuit Will Test Whether DeFi Really Is Decentralized
- Coinbase acquired FairX, a CFTC-regulated derivatives exchange in an effort to offer crypto derivatives to customers in the US
- FTX exchange announced $2B fund to invest in crypto startups
- Forte capital acquired blockchain game studio N3TWORK
- CryptoPunks suffered a sandwich attack and a bot successfully bought a punk for just 1 WEI.
- A bot drained 58ETH from WTF liquidity protocol under one minute
- Stobox Exchange lost reserve funds for ETH and BSC after the deployer private key was compromised
- OpenZepplin disclosed a vulnerability in their GovernorBravo contract caused due to bad ABI encoding
- LooksRare NFT Marketplace was launched with features including the ability to place offers on NFT collections.
- MoonCats NFT upgraded: traits, colors and SVGs are now on-chain
- Pudgy Penguin owners are revolting against Netz Capital acquiring the project for 750 ETH
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- Elon musk confirms that Tesla will start accepting dogecoin
- Bitcoin set to be legal tender in Tonga by end of the year
- Ethereum Push Notification service (EPNS) is now live on the mainnet, the protocol will support both channels and subscribers
- Proposed bill will prohibit US Fed from issuing CBDC directly to individuals
News for Developers
- Foundry released a new debugger that allows stepping through transaction to review opcodes and memory stack
- Token flow released Ethereum data warehouse – a fully queryable history of the Ethereum blockchain
- Hardhat marmite is a new plugin that allows to compare gas costs of Solidity snippets
That’s It for today, Have a great day!