In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel:
- Ether saw a sharp decline in value this week dropping to $3100 mark.
- A record 31 Billion gas was spent across layer 2 transactions in the month of december
- Vitalik Buterin Suggests a New Fee Structure for the Ethereum Network
- Defi market cap rose back to $100B after a mild dip during the holiday season
- PayPal Exploring Its Own Stablecoin called “PayPal Coin”
- China central bank launches digital yuan wallet apps for Android, iOS
- AAVE Arc – a DEFI permissioned market goes live with 30 institutions
- ParaSwap added support for safety module on their platform inspired by AAVE protocol
- New data suggest that crypto scammers took a record $14 billion in 2021
- Notional disclosed a critical bug that allowed users to borrow without sufficient capital, $1 million and 100k NOTE was paid as bounty, no funds were lost
- New bug was found in illuviom smart contract, the minting was paused no funds were lost
- Samsung’s 2022 TV collection will include NFT platform
- Lamborghini is announced launch of their NFT collection
- NFT creators earned an estimated total of $3.5 billion last year
- Etherscan added a new feature to track NFT transaction details
- Australian Open is set to launch NFT collection and metaverse tournament in partnership with Decentraland
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- Mozzilla paused accepting donations in crypto citing environmental concerns
- The Litecoin Foundation joins the Function X blockchain as a public validator.
- Decentralized workspace platform SKIF added support for ENS