In this blog, we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel:
- Ether saw a steady increase in value last week and is currently at $3000 USD.
- Kiln devnet expected late next week, Ethereum team advices that app devs & infrastructure providers should test on this prior to public testnets
- Geth client is close to being ready for PoW switch off with only one major PR awaiting tests
- AssangeDAO – a DAO Created to Free WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange Has Raised $38 Million in Ethereum
- Defi market cap rose back to $85B after retail investors slowly gain confidence
- Yield farming protocol Alpha Homora has gone live with their v2 mainnet launch
- Mean Finance’s, a protocol for Dollar Cost Averaging for tokens, goes live on Optimism
- ConsenSys acquires MyCrypto and plans to make it part of the MetaMask team
- Bored Ape Yacht club is in talks with A16Z to raise funds to support expansion
- Wormhole’s Solana/Ethereum bridge was exploited for ~$300 million, attacker spoofed guardian signatures after input wasn’t properly validated, 120k Wormhole ETH minted on Solana, 93k ETH bridged back to Ethereum
- Index Coop Rari pool was attacked but the Uniswap oracle manipulation was prevented by arb bot and 68 ETH was successfully rescued
- 0x protocol rolled out a multi-chain swap feature for NFTs for EVM compatible chains.
- GameStop launches a carbon neutral NFT marketplace with no gas fees powered by Immutable X along with $100 million for creator grants
- Nike sues StockX for selling NFTs with unauthorized images of sneakers
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- India will tax gains from digital asset at 30%
- UK tax authority will treat yield from DeFi deposits as capital gains
- Bitcoin has flipped facebook market capitalization
News for Developers
- Updated Sign-in with Ethereum documentation was released
- Alchemy NFT API is live on mainnet
- Foundry, an alternative to Hardhat and Truffle, added support for gas reports
That’s It for today, Have a great day!
Leave a Reply