In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel:
- Ether saw a decline in value this week dropping to $2500.
- RANDOM opcode for evm is being renamed to PREVRANDAO to clearly indicate that it does not provide true randomness.
- Crypto exchanges OKX and Bitget add Arbitrum support
- Marshall Islands will officially recognize DAOs as legal entities
- A former cisco employee launches a DAO to buy American football franchise Denver Broncos for $4 Billion
- AssangeDAO, a dao launched to set wikileaks founder Julien Assange has raised over $50 million
- Defi market cap sharply dropped to $67B as price volatility continues.
- MakerDao published a detailed plan of their future development
- Instadapp launches a portal to create, stake and manage Uniswap staking rewards.
- Vortex, an on-chain trading protocol, is live on Arbitrum and Binance Smart Chain
- Sequoia capital announced a new $600 million fund for cryptocurrency startups.
- Indexing protocol The Graph raised $205 million funding from DGC
- Asset management platform RigoBlock was exploited, all tokens in Dragos except ETH and USDT were at risk
- [Austin Williams showed how Chainlink VRF operators can be used to generate favorable outcomes]
- [Miscrosft confirms that Ice phishing, the technique used to attack Badger DAO for $121 million, could have been detected when EOA granted multiple ERC20 approvals]
- Universal Music Group is going to release an official NFT collection, in partnersship with Curio, and NFT platform for entertainment brands and musical artists
- OpenSea has updated their smart contract, all NFT listings will expire on Feb 25 unless migrated to the new contract.
- Bud Light Next NFTs sold for flat fee in US
- Nouns glasses was showcased in a Super Bowl commercial
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- Twitter added support for ETH addresses to Tips feature however ENS is not currently supported
- Interest rate platform BlockFi reached a $100 million settlement with US SEC for their Interest Accounts
- US Federal Reserve prohibits senior officials holding investments in cryptocurrency amongst other investments
- UK tax authority issued its first seizure of NFTs in a tax fraud investigation
- Ukraine just recognized crypto as legal tender
News for Developers
- Truffle Dashboard will let you deploy contracts with MetaMask, also added supports hardware wallets and Hardhat
- [Brownie v1.18.0 release added support for Ganache v7, override storage for eth_call, config EVM version per language]
- Heliaia is a proxy tool that sits between wallet & node, which lets you analyze transactions before broadcasting to the blockchain.
Leave a Reply