In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel
- Ether was quite volatile this week and in the end we end up below the 4000 USD level
- ConsenSys With Mastercard Launches Ethereum Scaling Solution “ConsenSys Rollups”
- Polygon Upcoming Network Upgrade Will Burn Matic With Every Transaction Like ETH And BNB
- Polygon and the VC firm of the Reddit co-founder have announced a $200 million investment fund.
- It will focus on social media and gaming projects built on Polygon
- The first 5 para chains (Acala, Moonbeam, Parallel Finance, Astar and Clover) for polkadot go live after years in development
- The CEO OF the TROn foundation, Justin Tron, announced that he will step down and dissolve the foundation, which will leave the TRON protocol under controlled by its community through the TRON DAO
- The market cap of DeFi came back to 97B this week after an abrupt decline
- Euler is a new permissionless lending market launched on mainnet
- Element finance introduces L2 scaling in collaboration with Aztec Network
- Balancer launches boosted pools to increase yields in collaboration with Aave
- Anchorage Digital (digital asset platform) raised $350M Series D led by KKR
- GIANT Protocol (web3 protocol to decentralize and democratize access to the internet and financial service) raised $5M Seed led by CoinFund
- Galoy (bitcoin banking platform) raised $3M Seed led by Craft Ventures
- GalaxE (cross-blockchain NFT platform) raised $3M Seed
- Kraken Ventures Raises $65 Million for Early Stage Fund to Invest Across the Crypto & Fintech Ecosystem
- Gelato G-UNI Router vulnerability was discovered, $26 million secured with no funds lost.
- $500k bug bounty was paid out after key Extraction Attacks was found on Threshold ECDSA Implementations
- Mintable announced Immutable X integration with zero gas fees and infinite transactions
- VeVe migrated 3 million licensed NFTs to Immutable X
- # Adidas’ Metaverse $23 million NFT Collection Sells Out in Minutes
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- Nike announced its first substantial foray into the metaverse with the purchase of RTFKT (pronounced “artifact,” of course), an NFT studio that produces digital collectibles, including virtual sneakers.
- Adidas sold 30,000 NFTs in exchange for access to exclusive merchandise and digital experience
- L’Oreal Paris has curated their first NFT series by leading female, digitally-native artists
- Shopify launches beta NFT platform that allows to mint, airdrop, sell using crypto or fiat, available for US Shopify Plus merchants
Leave a Reply