In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel
- Ether saw steady increase this week and stayed comfortably above 4000 USD level. The value of ether increased by more than 500% this year.
- You can now experiment with post-merge Ethereum on the Kinstugi testnet and provide feedback
- Transak Finance announced on-ramps for Ethereum L2s Arbiturm and Optimism
- Rari Capital and Fei Protocol merger was approved by members of both DAOs making it the biggest merger in DeFi history.
- Compound governance chose OpenZeppelin’s $1 million a quarter proposal to provide audit and security services
- The market cap of DeFi gained more than 300% this year closing in at $102B
- With $21B in market cap terra becomes the second largest DeFi network after Ethereum
- Loopring released Layer 2 Smart wallet app for iOS and Android
- Uniswap v3 was deployed to Polygon sending MATIC token to record High
- NFT-collateralized loan platform Arcade raises $15M in funding round from Pantera Capital
- Interlay raises $6.5M to accelerate Bitcoin DeFi interoperability with Polkadot
- Anywsap, now rebranded as multichain, raises $60 million from Binance
- 8.8 million VISR was drained from staking contract of Visor Finance after an attack
- Bent Finance was exploited for $1.7 million after a rogue developer hardcoded balance to an exploiter account
- Low level vulnerability in Sorbet Finance was found. $27 million was rescued to an escrow account while $744k was stolen.
- Coca-cola launched its snowglobe NFT collection on VeVe marketplace – Instagram is working on bringing NFT on the platform
- Global search interest for ‘NFT’ surpasses ‘crypto’ for the first time ever indicating mainstream adoption – Bitwise launched NFT index fund, focused on art and collectibles
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- SAP, a big provider of enterprise software, joins as a sponsor of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- JPMorgan Is Developing Blockchain-Based Internal Payment Solution For Siemens
- Swiss Bank SEBA is working on a program for clients to earn yield on crypto in collaboration with Aave
News for Developers
- Solidity 0.8.11 added Language Server Protocol for better interoperability between IDEs and compilers
- Ethereum code viewer, is a VSCode Web Extension to show sources of deployed Ethereum smart contracts and it just added support for any EVM compatible Blockchai
- Etherscan adds support for Natspec and will now show any notice, parameter & return descriptions added by developers.
- Notion added support for Solidity code blocks
Note: Don’t forget to take advantage of the $100 coupon: SECURITY_101_100_OFF for our new course on smart contract security, available until December 31st.