In this blog we will review key events in blockchain from past week.
You may also review the quick summary video on our Youtube Channel:
- Ether saw a slight decline in value this week dropping to $2900 USD.
- The Ethereum ecosystem crosses $585 billion in total market cap. This consists of $310B in Ether, $240B in ERC20s tokens, $25B synthetic assets and $9B in NFTs.
- Ethereum team has published a readiness checklist for Proof of Work Switch off as we are gearing towards Eth 2 merge
- FTX exchange adds supports Arbitrum
- CO92 DAO is World’s First Professional Soccer DAO backed by backed by singaporean billionaire Peter Lim
- DeFi protocol Bunny Finance has pledged to grant governance control of the protocol over to its DAO
- Defi market cap at 84B this week
- Maker protocol crossed more than 10 billion in DAI
- L2 lending protocol Vesta Finance goes live
- Element Finance allows new feature to assign voting power to any contributor or value, such as locked positions
- Binance announces $200 million investment in Forbes
- Web3 platform Alchemy announced the launch of a $200-million Series C funding led by Lightspeed Venture
- Crypto compliance platform Sardine raised $19.5M Series A from Andreessen Horowitz, NYCA and Experian Ventures
- Couple arrested in relation to Bitfinex 2016 hack for alleged conspiracy to launder $4.5 billion in Bitcoin
- Critical vulnerability disclosed in Optimism that allowed creation of additional ETH. The issue was fixed in a fork and $2 million bounty paid
- $10 million was exploited from Defi Protocol Dego Finance after private keys were compromised
NFTs / Metaverse
- The Sandbox partners with Ubisoft to bring Rabbids to the Metaverse
- Gummy is a new platform that link a physical object to an NFT using a verifiable anti-counterfeit sticker
- Looksmutable is a tool to analyze NFT metadata using OpenSea link or ENS
Enterprise Blockchain & Regulation
- Consulting firm KPMG adds Bitcoin and Ethereum to balance sheet
- World’s largest asset manager BlackRock plans to offer crypto trading
News for Developers
- OpenZeppelin Contracts v4.5.0 released, supports NFT royalties and NFT voting
- Results for solidity developer survey 2021 has been published which shows exponential increase in web3 adoption
- Token Gate is a typescript module for ERC20/721/777/1155 balance gating
And before we finish, If you want to know what is the fastest way to get your first 6 figure job in BLockchain, checkout this free training.
That’s It for today, Have a great day!
Leave a Reply